SYNDICATE SEVEN

Welcome to the Syndicate Seven forums. S7 is a BF2142 ladder clan.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inCalendarGallery

Share | 

NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aidan

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2006-11-18

PostSubject: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:42 pm

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-battlefield
http://www.netbattletech.com/hpguplink/viewforum.php?f=48

Greetings. NBT wanted to drop your group a line and let you know about a brand new BF2142 league that is in the setup stages and is now accepting unit applications. It is a planetary/resource based league as opposed to a normal ladder style. NBT has been running successful league systems for the past 10 years over a variety of platforms, and as of January 1st NBT will launch our newest league, NBT-Battlefield, making use of the core BF2142 as our platform.

We'd like to invite you to check us out, as well as to offer any suggestions or criticisms of the league setup. Most of all, we gladly extend a welcome to your group to join the league as an active unit.

Hope to see you soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrakinClaw

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-11-16

PostSubject: a fine test   Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:00 pm

i think a league is just the thing to show off the fine unit skills this clan has. It is also a great resource to judge how we do "under the gun" Twisted Evil
Drak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:20 pm

Our plate is full and we have a lot to learn. We'll expand as when we are ready and not before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-11-05

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:09 am

Planetary/resource based...?

Could be VERY cool, and definitely a fresh look on the game...But I'd be curious as to exactly -how- this works...Verrryyy curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:07 pm

Syndicate Seven,

NBT will be fielding Ranked and Un-ranked servers in support of the new BF2142 Planetary league. The BF2142 storyline of an Earth cast into a new Ice Age and struggling political and military groups fighting for dwindling resources is extended to an entire Universe in the NBT Planetary league concept.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NBT-Battlefield League Official Announcement

Forums -> www.netbattletech.com/hpguplink/

The History: Since 1997, NetBattleTech has provided gaming enthusiasts with an exemplary gaming environment, a dedicated Admin staff and solid competition for all who join our community. Through the course of 5 successful NBT leagues we have worked with units and pilots alike in the continued evolution of NBT. Now, with the introduction of a new game platform, NBT continues this tradition and history with NBT-Battlefield.

The League: NBT-Battlefield is a real-time planetary / resource league making use of the Battlefield 2142 game engine, based upon the Classic BattleTech universe. What does this mean for pilots and units who participate? Your unit takes the role of one of the many factions in an interstellar battle for supremacy, star systems and resources. Your goal? To prove yourself as the top unit in the league, be it by conquering systems, raking in the cold hard cash, or stealing the resources of other units.

A variety of roles are provided to be filled, depending on your units desires: Play as a mighty House, in control of 100s of systems, and striving to win your place as First Lord of the Star League. Or play as a Periphery, smaller by far, but with the desire to prove ones worth, playing the Houses against one another to gain the upper hand. Then you have Mercenaries, out only for the almighty dollar, selling their services to the highest bidder, working to outshine the competition. Finally, the lowest of the low, the Pirates feed off of the misery of others, picking at the edges of civilization to ensure their own survival. These are the players. These are the champions, the nobels, the scoundrels.

The Game: While the league provides the backdrop for the community, what draws people together is the game we play, namely Battlefield 2142. The various game modes have been worked into league play to provide a variety of play and an ever changing enviornment. Depending on the battles launched against and by your enemies, your unit will fight in differing conditions, maps and play styles. A quick recon battle to steal enemy information while the defenders strive to drive you off as quickly as possible. Or a protracted Titan battle as the defenders of a planet make their last stand against enemy forces and the attackers strive to finalize their hard fought victory on a key planet. A Raid deep behind enemy lines to secure factory resources, holding the conquest points to ensure your economic survival. These are the battles that are fought. These are the stakes.

The Units: What has always made NBT strong are the dedicated units and players that make up our membership. Units who strive for excellence, for enjoyment of the game, for community. These are the type units that we are looking for our new league. If your unit is interested in a competitive and organized play environment, NBT is the place to be.

The Plan: NBT-Battlefield has officially entered application and setup mode. The final numbers for the league itself are being nailed down by the Concept Development Team, and Unit Applications are now being accepted. The beauty of the NBT system is that it has been evolving over the past 10 years into its current form, and is a tried and true league system. The automation is already online, the rules are written, the Administration staff in place. NBT also has available a bank of servers for league use: 1-3 Ranked Servers (depending on support), 8 Unranked Servers for league play as well as dedicated voice comms for all units. These servers are owned by the NBT league, and are maintained by a dedicated staff of Server Admins each night of the week.

Our goal is to launch the new league on NBTs 10th anniversary, January 1st, 2007. At this time we are accepting Unit Applications for all units in the league, Houses, Periphery, Mercs and Pirates. Unit Setup will begin by December 1st, giving units a month to get everything finalized and for the final league numbers to be nailed down and necessary coding tweaks to be made. Then, come the 1st of the year, we will throw the switch and units can begin launching attacks against one another, striving for interstellar dominance, just as they and others have done many times over the past 10 years.

So we take this opportunity to invite you to join our community. If you have an interest in the above, by all means drop by our forums and website and check us out. We welcome one and all to join us as we launch the latest NBT league, one that promises to provide great fun and competition for all who join.

If you have any questions/comments, this post/thread will be monitored by members of our CDT who are in charge of advertising our new league and answering questions that prospective members may have.

This will lead to many Epoch battles!

Come rule the Universe!

Aidan Smile

http://www.netbattletech.com/nbt-battlefield/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:18 pm

Interesteing. However. Our plate is still full right now. We'll look into it when we can. I have plenty up my sleeve for you guys. I promise, you wont get bored.

And Aidan, we will look into your league. But not right now. Our guys have a lot to learn and a lot to do. Our forums and posts may seem like a normal everyday clan.. But S7 is far from ordinary.

You just haven't heard of us yet.

Keyword there is "yet".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cyclopeus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:18 pm

It sounds like a cool idea. The Battletech universe is a good fit to BF 2142. I like the idea of adding a story to the battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:40 pm

Just touchin base S7 ... hey

Just a few words about how you might play in the NBT Battlefield league. There are 4 categories:

1. Inner Sphere (Major House), example Draconis Combine. This house controls 100s of planets in the BattleTech Universe. Minimum number of pilots for this is 15. This team could be totally from your membership or you could have individual members join an existing Inner Sphere unit.

2. Periphery Realm, example Castillian Alliance. This Periphery unit controls dozens of planets and requires a minimum of 12 pilots. This team could be totally from your membership or you could have individual members join an existing Periphery Realm unit.

3. Pirate Unit, example Black Dragons. This Pirate unit controls very few plants to begin with and requires a minimum of 10 pilots. This team could be totally from your membership or you could have individual members join an existing Pirate unit.

4. Mercenary Unit, example Eridani Light Horse. This Mercenary unit controls no planets to begin with and requires a minimum 7 pilots. The Mercenary units are the "guns for hire" and cold, hard cash is their credo. This team could come totally from your membership or you could have individual members join an existing Mercenary unit.

All of these categories earn money, conquer or lose planets, travel the universe to attack enemies etc. etc. All of this activity is completely tracked, including unit and pilot stats, by the exisitng NBT Automation utility used by unit officers.

Drop by our website or TeamSpeak server and we can answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,

Aidan Smile

NBT Battlefield Concept Development Team

www.netbattletech.com/nbt-battlefield
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:04 pm

Umm...Quick question....How much modding is going to be necessary to convert BF2142 to a Mechwarrior style game? I can't imagine it would be too much, but you'd need at least 3 new mechs for every side, and to get rid of Reisigs/Nekomatas because they aren't mechs. Also, laser weaponry.

Otherwise I really think that when the time is right we should get into this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:13 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:37 pm

Hey S7,

I hope I am not bugging you all too much. It seems like some of you are interested and some are not. Soooo ... if you would like to talk about our league, you are welcome to swing on by the NBT league TeamSPeak server and we will be happy to answer any of your questions or just shoot the breeze.

Cheers Aidan Smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TeamSpeak Setup

1. Go to http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads
2. Download the TeamSpeak Client for Windows v 2.0.32.60
3. Install this on your Windows PC
4. Run your new TeamSpeak program
5. Choose Connection > Quick Connect
6. Fill in the following fields:

Server address: voice.netbattletech.com
Nickname: TypeYourNicHere
Logon Name: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank

7. Click the Connect button at the bottom

You should now be connected in the NBT TeamSpeak server in the default channel labeled "Players Lounge"

Welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:22 pm

Our interest is growing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Im 100% ready to start learning the process. Id like to know how many people we need, and how often we need them online. How long are the matches, is this a instant thing, or are matches a drawn out process to get into. Ive scoured the site for information and short of making a unit and exploring that way, I really like what I see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aidan

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:19 am

Would you all like to setup a TeamSpeak chat? We could answer all of your questions. What time zone are you?

BTW, the league is filling out well. Here is a rough timeline.

- NBT BF2142 Ranked server comes online Dec 1 2006

- New unit Automation software is activated Mid Dec 2006

- BF2142 un-ranked servers come online mid Dec 2006

- NBT Battlefield League starts Jan 1 2007, on the 10th anniversary of the NBT league

To start with, the league will use the stock, un-modded version of BF2142. As time goes on, custom maps from the BF Modding Community will be selected for use in the league. These maps will more closely simulate the BattleTech Planetary game.

Later in time, after the release of the BF2142 Editor, serious modding of BF2142 will start. This will include many new Walkers, or as we say in the BattleTech Community, Mechs.

I could go on but my fingers are getting tired and some of the guys are asking me to get on the server. So, drop on by and chat. We are casual.

Cheers,

Aidan Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:32 am

Im sold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:47 am

I got the go ahead to sign us up. Ill be spending the next 24 hours building the proper roster. I am on EST timezone as are we all pretty much. We run TS so yours or ours and tommorow afternoon would be great. Say 6-7pm ish?

Can you reserve Tortuga Dominion's for us until I can get this roster together as I dont want to rush and do it incorrectly?

THIS IS TO S7 MEMBERS.

I NEED YOU TO SAY YOU WANT SIGNUP AND I NEED YOUR ACTIVE EMAIL ADRESS ASAP. I need to build this roster as fast as possible so we can get started. They have not selected many teams so far, so we get a good choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:48 am

Step up ladies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 am

Active e-mail: jessdestroyer@aol.com

I'm in. Lemme read some of this stuff I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KamikazeMOFO
Green

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:41 am

I only need 4 more... good work guys...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasty-One
TWL Liaison

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:50 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt Screwed
Green

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-11-16

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:18 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:50 am

2 more!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:57 pm

COMON 2 MORE!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jowy
Green

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:03 pm

J_spegel@msn.com

I gave it to you already but i figured you would want it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBT BF2142 Planetary League Announcement   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next