SYNDICATE SEVEN

Welcome to the Syndicate Seven forums. S7 is a BF2142 ladder clan.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inCalendarGallery

Share | 

Application for Zarqawi

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zarqawi

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:17 am

Your Age: I have read your requirements for joining, and I realize that I am underage and the rest of this application probably won't even be read, but hey, why not throw in a good one and see what happens! I'm 17.

Soldier's Name: My BF2142 character is named Zarqawi.

Favorite Kit: Traditionally, I have played Recon, but over the last few days, I have found that the assault kit also works well for me.

Favorite Weapon: Ether the Lambert Carbine or the Voss LMG, I can fight well with either of these.

Favorite Vehicle: Definately the dropship, I've seen many games won because someone was flying a dropship from silo to silo, having people spawn in the air and drop out.

Short description of what you like to do in 2142: Titan defense has always been my specialty, I am currently working on my Titan Defender Achievement Badge Gold, but I can't seem to get past 27 Titan Defender Points.

Short description of your best experience in a game: I suppose this isn't really an experience per say, but I always found that the last 2 minutes of a Titan match, where teams are neck-and-neck and racing to either capture Silos or destroy the reactor cores to be quite exciting.

Short description of your worst experience in game: Trying to be commander for the first time... I'd rather not try that again... Let's just say it didn't go over well as I kept issuing unnecessary orders by accident.

Short description of yourself: Well, I am a 17 year old living in Toronto, Canada. I currently work at a graphic design place doing DVD inserts for a fairly new e-distribution company, I work 9:00-5:30, and I am usually home by 7:00 EST, latest.

I am not a very religious person, although I do quite enjoy having discussions about it.

What I can provide: I currently rent a 50 slot High Quality Ventrilo Server, I realize that you guys use Teamspeak, but I also read in the "Applicants Read This" post that your Teamspeak isn't working at the moment, so you guys are more than welcome to use it.

Teamspeak and Xfire are not a problem.

Again, I realize that my application will probably be overlooked, but perhaps, just maybe you guys will give me a chance to prove myself, as I like to think I am more mature than other people my age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular
SnipingViper

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:36 am

So what brings your implied maturity at 17? What can you tell us about how you are, as a individual. Since you are under the radar for age, sell yourself.. hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2006-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:04 pm

Zarqawi...Isn't that the name of a top-ranked Al Queda leader...? *Blink* Not sure if I really approve the use of that name or not, to be fair...Most of me doesn't care about it, but it does seem to be in poor taste if it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:03 pm

Arabian spies eh...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular
SnipingViper

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:16 pm

Tri said no politics. If someone can have a 420 on thier name as a pothead, then I dont have issue with his name. But then again, the guy that got me into FPS on the computer was named hitler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KamikazeMOFO
Green

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:12 pm

I'd have to agree with viper on this. People out there have names that are way worse than something like that. Secondly, I'll assume you are talking about Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. al-Zarqawi is simply his surname. A comparable analogy would be something like having issues with all people who have the name Jack because of Jack the ripper, or if you had issues with me because my handle is what Japanese pilots would do to US ships during WW2.

Names mean nothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zarqawi

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:19 pm

FrostPDP wrote:
Zarqawi...Isn't that the name of a top-ranked Al Queda leader...? *Blink* Not sure if I really approve the use of that name or not, to be fair...Most of me doesn't care about it, but it does seem to be in poor taste if it is.

You'd be right.

Well, former top al-Qaeda leader... He was killed on June 7, perhaps you remember the footage? It was shot from the perspective of the bomber, black and white, there was a targeting reticule in the middle of the screen, it aired on CNN a lot around that time.

Anywho! Reason for the name, and another thing I suppose I forgot to mention in the "About me" section of the post, I am quite the scholar when it comes to events in the middle east.

And to kill two birds with one stone (post, as the case may be)

As far as personality goes I am more patient than most people, of course this is my opinion, but I believe it to be true, hopefully one day you'll be able to decide for yourself. I understand that during complex situations we encounter in BF2142 it is important to remain quiet and not clog up VOIP with nonsense.

Thanks for reading the post by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:49 pm

Oh, like I said, most of me is fine with it. The issue on hand is, its a name-of-choice, not a name-given-down. You can't help it (too much) if your parents name you Rudolph. You can help it if you choose the gaming name "Lavender." Which actually isn't so bad...

The kid seems pretty bright, except for the mid-east scholar part. So, since its in the news a lot as of late, my little "test" is this; which nation formed the country of Iraq? The reason I ask is because there's talk about de-binding the three original territories, so a true scholar would know (or be able to wikipedia anyway) this. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular
SnipingViper

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:04 pm

hehe. i like him. i can stab him. Tri what you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zarqawi

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:16 pm

FrostPDP wrote:
Oh, like I said, most of me is fine with it. The issue on hand is, its a name-of-choice, not a name-given-down. You can't help it (too much) if your parents name you Rudolph. You can help it if you choose the gaming name "Lavender." Which actually isn't so bad...

The kid seems pretty bright, except for the mid-east scholar part. So, since its in the news a lot as of late, my little "test" is this; which nation formed the country of Iraq? The reason I ask is because there's talk about de-binding the three original territories, so a true scholar would know (or be able to wikipedia anyway) this. Wink

Well!, before I Wikipedia this, I'll tell you what I do know (or, at least I THINK I know...)

I believe theres talk of dividing it three ways, Kurds in the north, Shi'a in the southwest and Sunis in the southeast, but this is just what one of the clients at work was talking about.

Now the Wikipedia part..

The answer to your test regarding the three territories is this: Iraq was formed out of Baghdad, Basra and Mosul.)

Did I pass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander
Triburst

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:48 pm

Frost and NFTrot.

I don't care about history or territories, how they became territories, or what countries were there before or after colonial Britain and WWII.

Knowing your history, or rather a cultures point of view on the history is fantastic. I like to keep myself knowledgeable too. But I do not express my opinions. Such arguments/discussions breed dissension.

Thatís why I say no political, religious, or racial debates/discussions. This is not the place for it. There are plenty of political debate forums elsewhere for this. Our only political concern is of 2142 and the BT league.

Anyway, NFTrot.
You've impressed quite a few guys. And normally I would make you sign up for an age waiver and let my guys voice their thoughts. However they already have.

Im sure you have Xfire. I'll PM you with my xfire information.

Last edited by on Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander
Triburst

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:18 pm

Oh, and my buddy Nasty-One would like a minute with you. You can skip the waiver part, i still want you to spend some time with the boys before we think about putting a tag on your name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zarqawi

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:33 pm

That'd be great.

Thanks for considering my app. Smile.

My Xfire name is NFTRot for any of you who wish to contact me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrostPDP
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Aww Triburst, I can't tease the new people? Sad Seriously, this kid is cool. I'm all for him, although we already know he's in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Zarqawi   

Back to top Go down

Application for Zarqawi
Page 1 of 1