SYNDICATE SEVEN

Welcome to the Syndicate Seven forums. S7 is a BF2142 ladder clan.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inCalendarGallery

Share | 

Application for Jackal858

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jackal858

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:52 am

Your Age: 21

Soldier's Name: Jackal858

Favorite Kit: Assault/Recon (though I have all unlocks except the shotgun side of the support kit)

Favorite Weapon: Baur H-AR

Favorite Vehicle: Walker from either faction

Short description of what you like to do in 2142: The thing I enjoy the most is definitely squad play. When I am in an organized squad with a good leader, I have more fun than playing lone wolf and getting gold for the round.

Short description of your best experience in a game: One of the rare occasions in which I found a well organized squad in Cerbere Landing. We managed to move as a squad, cover flanks well, and move up the entire map taking a couple of flags along the way. It was the best round I've played as far as game enjoyment goes.

Short description of your worst experience in game: Besides the rounds getting my gold Collector's Badge? Laughing I am unsure of this one. I have had a pretty enjoyable experience overall with this game so far. The round in which I got my high death streak of seven would probably be it.

Short description of yourself: My name is Robert, and I am a senior at Texas A&M University. I have previously been a member of Team SF (www.team-sf.com) in their Battlefield 2 division. There I fulfilled the role of a DI (Drill Instructor) in which I held training sessions for tactical maneuvers to be used in TWL matches. From this experience I know full well the value of squad work and tactics in order to achieve a goal. I am a low drama player. I easily separate the game from my emotions, so it is easy for me to shrug off frustrating events in game. Overall I'm a laid back person, who is looking for a new home for the Battlefield 2142 franchise, and an opportunity to use my skills with an organized team in competitive play.

Thank you for your consideration!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:05 pm

So hours of practice wont make you cry? As it seems to for some people... We use real life tactics, and most people seem to not grasp how much practice that is going to take to master, and more importantly they underestimate its use in simulated combat.

How much can you dedicate yourself to the team. Knowing the team is greater then the self?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:17 pm

I should easily be able to attend a practice a week, and probably more than one most weeks. From my previous experience as a DI I realize full well what it takes to become proficient at actual squad tactics. Some seem to think that they wouldn't apply in game, but I've experienced the advantage that organization brings.

I have been with groups of gamers in various genres of gaming, and have always held such groups and my allowance to be in the group in high regard. I know what it takes for the team to exist from a leadership stand point, and I respect and try to repay those efforts by being a productive and dedicated member of a team. I am certainly willing to work for what is given me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:27 pm

We use real life tactics.. And i mean REAL LIFE. The same exact shit that real squads use. In the same way, for the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:48 pm

That sounds good to me. The tactics we most often employed in my previous team were Staggered Approach, Leap Frog, and my favorite defensive tactic: Center Peel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasty-One
TWL Liaison

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:56 pm

Nice to meet you Jackel858:
1. What kind of game experience have you competed in competitively? (Platforms & type is fine…ie: CoD2 5v5 ladder/ BF2 12v12 league.)
2. If you don’t mind me asking? Why you left your last clan?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:05 pm

I really began my interest and competition in military sim games with SOCOM: Navy Seals on Playstation 2. I played that and SOCOM 2 with the same group of guys for a couple of years, competing in the various ladders set up for that game. The Battlfied series pulled me into PC shooter gaming. I competed in Battlefield 2 in various TWL ladders, including 12v12 and a few 5v5 ladders as well. The ladders are my favorite way to play a game, since it creates real team unity. Now that I have all but four unlocks in Battlefield 2142, this would give me something in the game to work for.

As far as my old team goes, they basically didn't move on to Battlefield 2142. I took a leave of absence because of personal reasons for about a month from the team before 2142 was to be released. When I returned, there were no plans to develop a 2142 division, and as much as I liked Battlefield 2, I enjoy 2142 much more. That and the leadership that once existed with that team just isn't the same as it once was. We lost a lot of good leaders over time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:11 pm

Leap froggin and Ceter peel, eh? You just peaked my interest.

Center peel is the only thing we havent started to teach yet from the things you listed.

Many members seem to overlook the use of the tactics. Lately I have been hearing way too much of "How will this help us?" or "What good does this do me?"

In fact I was just forced to remove a member. He had a problem with not coming to practices, and not joining the rest of us in servers together. When he would he would often go do his own thing, and when he did come to practices was often a source of disruption.

Put it this way, he has been a member for more than a month and a half, and I dont know his voice in TS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Center Peel is amazing, but difficult to achieve, and hard to judge when to use it in game. For those who don't know, it's a means of egress similar to a leap frog. Because of squad members falling back behind you, it does require voice communication to coordinate when members should fall back. It is not always necessary in Battlefield, as it works best in dense areas (as it also gives the illusion of more combatants joining the battle in real life combat), but I have seen it used properly to fall back to an easier defended position with great results. If anyone has ever seen Tears of the Sun, the final sequence in which Bruce Willis’ squad is falling back through the jungle and providing cover fire is a perfect example of a Center Peel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Awesome man. I like your name too, as it references one of mythically notorious dogs, my own name included. I don't pull a whole lot of weight around here but I would like to have you on the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:37 pm

Cerberus wrote:
Awesome man. I like your name too, as it references one of mythically notorious dogs, my own name included.

I certainly like names based on something, but I just have always liked the animal. And no, I didn't not create it after the movie of the same name came out. I've used Jackal858 as my handle since AOL 2.5 (shutters).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:09 pm

Oh yeah! I almost forgot. I go to Texas A&M. Pretty crazy. Where do you live?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:45 pm

Wow.. crazy. I am actually in Dallas until spring doing an internship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:28 pm

lets keep the location in the members forums please... they are the worst sexual deviants... they want that info private.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:49 pm

Well I am not exactly afraid of getting raped, but I will oblige.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackal858

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:19 am

::clinches buns tightly::
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SnipingViper
Regular

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:04 pm

Its not the "bun" area you need to worry about. They call him Nasty_One for a reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:37 pm

As long as it isn't the ear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nasty-One
TWL Liaison

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2006-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

He He...... The ol' Nasty_One ... Remember that Viper... affraid... might have more than dog tags next time ;>)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KamikazeMOFO
Green

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Kerby, they make pills that fix people like you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cerberus
Green

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:54 pm

Haha, got it off an episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Jackal858   

Back to top Go down

Application for Jackal858
Page 1 of 1