SYNDICATE SEVEN

Welcome to the Syndicate Seven forums. S7 is a BF2142 ladder clan.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inCalendarGallery

Share | 

TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sgt Screwed
Green

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-11-16

PostSubject: TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate   Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KamikazeMOFO
Green

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate   Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:27 pm

Great find Screwed. I read all three pages, and I agree with the people that say it should be allowed, specifically, I agree with the following post by Kypdurron:

"For me its broken down into two areas.
1: Podding down from a beacon onto a roof that cannot be accessed by anything other than a spawn beacon - Illegal, as would be placing a beacon there.
2: Placing a beacon on a roof you got to from an APC. Legal. Someone can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I believe every level that has an APC, has one for both sides. If Joe(EU) pods out of his apc and puts a beacon on the roof, why does Jim(PAC) need a ruling to keep that from happening? If I was Jim(PAC) I would either
A: Artillery the beacon, since its 8 v 8.
B: Look over my APC. After carefully concluding that it is in the same working order as the enemy's apc, I would load it up, engage my shield, and go balls to the wall to that roof. Once there I would either APC grenade the entire roof, and/or send people up top to destroy the beacon.
So I'm 100 percent in agreement about the spawn beacon rule.. but I think using a beacon on a roof or high point from an APC pod is totally viable. The beacon at least is a discussion point since it's not supposed to be able to travel laterally like that.
The APC however, and the person who uses the pod, is merely working exactly as it was intended. At no point when a person places a beacon on top of a 2-4 story roof he got to from an APC is he doing anything not explicitly intended by the game design. I don't see a problem with it.
I know if I was looking over the flags, and I said "man, I really wouldn't want an enemy beacon on that roof." I'd devote a portion of my defensive efforts to make sure that APC didn't get up there to do it, or that my APC was ready to counter it."

Kypdurron outlines my thoughts exactly.
I suggest the rest of you read the thread (all of it, several opinions are expressed, it's only 3 pages), and discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate   Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:44 am

Yeah I say as long as you can get it with artillery then its legal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate   

Back to top Go down

TWL APC Podding and Spawn Beacon Debate
Page 1 of 1