SYNDICATE SEVEN

Welcome to the Syndicate Seven forums. S7 is a BF2142 ladder clan.

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog inCalendarGallery

Share | 

Saturday, October 28th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sehv

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Saturday, October 28th   Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:45 pm

Although, we were missing a couple members, one due to not being able to get on the server, I think we did exceptionally well. For a first time run with the newest members, was a blast. Without any "formal" training as to each others play styles, we were able to ward off almost all attackers, including armor, as well as keep each other alive in various maps. Although, this was a practice of sorts, the only way it could have been better for a first time, is if the remaining members were able to join. Triburst, you have command of the beginning of a great clan *salute*
I've only been a member for a day, but I am already proud to wear the S7 tag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas19013

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, October 28th   Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:46 am

I was disappointed that I had to leave so soon, especially on my try out. I really would have liked to keep playing. I did however promise to take my wife out to dinner and a movie.

I look forward to a second session. There is a lot of talent on this team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geebee
Green

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, October 28th   Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:35 am

The first 2 games were masterpieces.

Om Cerbere Landing we held a chokepoint with another squad and really racked up the points. Noone got through on our flank and the game was over fast. The enemy made a lot of mistakes, attacking in dribs and drabs mostly, with no attempt to flank or to try any other tactics. THeir commander needed to UAV, EMP and Arty us at the same time just before their "big push" but it never happened. Those 64 player conquest maps can be hellish at chokepoints. On our side, we needed to set roles more, with a dedicated Medic to heal the fallen.

On the next map, we carried out a nice set piece, taking and successfully defending the trickiest flag on the Suez map. We held off wave after wave of APS and tanks and really soaked up their forces for the rest of the team. Once again, it could have been even easier with some engineers to lay mines and take out the tanks in a more coordinated fashion.

On Fall of Berlin it was 64 player chokepoint time again. I think 40-48 should be the max for these FIBUA maps to give the attacking team a chance to break out. Anyway it was mayhem and my eyes were starting to bleed at 2am with my score at 2!!

Thomas was the star of the show, finishing top or near top in the first three games. Everyone else kicked ass as well.

Kit wise my drone gun was tried for the first time but does give your position away. Sneaking around is impossible, but in a firefight especially just behind the front line as a medic it would be pretty useful i think. Problem is, you cannot use spawn beacons so you need to make sure you have a couple of close flags nicely defended and not too far to run. Of course, a good medic helps a lot with that too.

S7 ftw!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Triburst
S7 Commander
S7 Commander

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, October 28th   Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:57 pm

It was a good night. Sadly I could not get in the server at first and then got stuck on the wrong team for part of the time. But while on the other team it gave me a unique opportunity to observe my boys while they didn't know I was watching. (MUAHAHHAHAHAAA, the sneaky eyes from a shadow leader style!!!) Hehe, anyway. There were a few times that I unfairly knew aprx where the S7 squad was, and where they were going. And I had flanked around and snuck up behind them. I found some cover and watched as you held your ground and pushed forward.
Geebee is an excellent squad leader. I loved the way he was so verbal and informative to the squad. He would announce when moving and where they were moving. He would announce enemy contact. Give a general plan.. (eg. We'll move from here to there, around this flank.) Giving everyone heads up and putting them in the know. Great work. When I did get on the same team, I had no desire to lead the squad. Geebee was way to hot for me to step up. Great work.

To comment on what Sehv said above. We defiantly have a great start to an outstanding clan. I have led a lot of clans and guilds. (I am not too good at leading in MMO's like WoW. FPS Ladder teams are much more my cup of tea.) I haven't seen very many groups that click as fast as we have. Our first few games together we worked together as well as most other clans do... After several months of playing together. And we did it on night 1, night 2 and night 3.
I would like to add. Sehv, you said that you are already proud to wear the S7 tag. Be assured one thing. It is you and the other members that make the S7 tag so distinguished from the norm. Without good members S7 is just another name. It is all of you who make it what it is and will be. And be assured another thing, S7 is more than proud to have the likes of you guys bearing it's tag. There is nothing out of our reach. No ladder we cannot climb, no clan we cannot defeat.

Warn them, warn them all. Let them enjoy their moment. It won't last long.
S7 is knocking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas19013

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, October 28th   Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:39 am

I was able to play for a couple of hours on sunday night only to find that I missed the S7. That short time I played showed me how much I prefer to play in a REAL squad. I got frustrated when my other squad leaders would not give an attack order or worse yet he would be a sniper camped in the back. Oh well, let me know when I can have an official try out.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saturday, October 28th   

Back to top Go down

Saturday, October 28th
Page 1 of 1